Friday 2 July 2010

Wicket Keeping - Muscle problems

After wicket keeping last Saturday, I've suffered from muscle pains in my Quads all week. It is now Friday, and I still have a dull ache in my right Quad.

Obviously doing that amount of squats, for four hours, is a hell of a work out. It is close to 250 squats at an estimate, plus diving, plus movement to get in a position to catch the ball, plus the running. I'm sure it burnt a large amount of calories, but I wasn't thnking about that when I couldn't run all week!

I really hope we bat first this week as I was in no position to bat at the end of last weeks fielding session!

My legs will get used to increased activity over time, just like they did with the running, but when you spend most of you week walking around like an old man it isn't a good look!

No comments: