Friday 9 July 2010

Happy day in the Pattinson household

Well, after 24 years, I've finally made the newspaper. And before you ask, no, not the crime section!

I made it into the Cambridge evening news for my sporting performance on the cricket pitch. I admit, I wasn't personally named, but it made cracking reading! The headline is delightful, and plays on Alistair Darlings time as chancellor. Very clever!

Full article here: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Cricket/Darling-profits-from-let-off.htm

Or, you just need this snippet to enjoy it!

And no, my name is not George Darling. I am the other warrior listed in this article! Or, the person who dropped him on ball one before he went on to score 140 runs...I am confused when a full length diving catch is a let-off, but alas, I see how they could say if I'd caught it, he wouldn't have scored 140 and won them the match.

I would like to point out, he may have won the match, the battle, but I hooked him for six, so I think that deserved a mention Cambridge Evening News for winning at least one ball of the match. Who weren't at the game, so no idea where they get there information from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darling profits from let-off


Youngster George Darling took full advantage of being dropped first ball by compiling a whirlwind century in Bottisham-Lode’s 91-run success at Milton II in Division 2B of the Cricket Stick CCA Junior League.
The 16-year-old all-rounder was put down by the hosts’ wicketkeeper and went on to whack 19 fours and five maximums as he finished unbeaten on 140.
His magnificent display steered the visitors to 299 for 5, and he completed a memorable day by taking 3 for 41 to help restrict Milton to 208 for 8. Phil Bone and Kieran Sakhamuir both hit 63 for the losers.

No comments: