Monday 16 August 2010

My first 10k Run

I have now completed my first 10k run, which was a massive achievement for me. From where I started, running 10k was huge.

Initially I could only run for 30 seconds, with 1 minute of walking, for a total of 20 minutes. To suddenly run 6.2 miles felt like a dream and something I never thought I would be able to do. I remember cross country in school where I walked most of the 3 miles and qualified for the cross country team!!

It did take me 67 minutes to complete, which is a rather slow time, BUT it is all relative. My first 5k time was over 35 minutes, and within 3 more tries I broke the sub 30 minute time.

I am just glad I will finish the Great Yorkshire Run as this was my goal. I am wary of changing my goal now as if I don't achieve it, I will be disappointed. I think 'goal shifts' are bad, and I should try to focus on what the initial focus was.

No comments: